Saturday, September 17, 2011

Kylee's First Day of School

Kylee just had her first day of school. Although I did expect for it to be a rough first week at drop off time, in the back of my head I was hoping that there would be a miracle and she would walk in and get right into things. I should have stuck with my gut! : ) We definitely had a less than ideal drop off with a lot of tears being shed but according to the teachers, Kylee had calmed down within 3 minutes after I left. Phew! (That made dropping off on Day 2 easier for me since there were still some tears from Kylee.)

Day 2 started with some tears but I knew she was going to be fine. I got a thumbs up and a "she did great" from the teacher at pick up. When we were walking to the car she couldn't even wait to get out of the school to show me all the things she made that were in her bag. Slowly but surely she is starting to like this school thing.

Next week is "Pet Day" and she gets to take one of her stuffed pets with her. As of right now, Friend Doggie is going for the day but we'll see if she changes her mind. She has really been talking about Pet Day so I'm hoping we have a better drop off this time. Either way though she has had A LOT of positive things to say about her time at school so I know she is starting to get into the routine and enjoying the things they are doing in her class.

Here she is ready to go on the first day!

Stopping to take a picture outside of the school before it was time to head in.

No comments:

Post a Comment