Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Kylee's and Ryland's Birthday Party

This year we decided to combine Kylee's and Ryland's birthday party and have them together. (As a side note I think we will be doing this every year!)  Party planning was going great and we were getting a lot done before the weekend.  Then things started to go downhill a bit.  

Ryland was just not himself and complaining that "me mouth and tongue hurt."  I of course thought that this meant he was getting strep throat again and continued to ask if he meant his neck.  He assured me "no momma me mouth and me tongue hurt."  I waited it out a bit and gave him meds for his temperature.  Then on Friday morning he had gotten worse so I called the doc.  We took him in to the doctors (kind of hoping for strep throat since we knew he would be better soon and would be able to take some antibiotics to help kick it).  Turns out that he had Hand Foot Mouth Disease (which sounds awful I think).  Yep he had blisters all over his tongue and in his mouth (hence the consistency of him saying that he mouth and tongue hurt.) : (  So we sent a heads-up message to all of our guests and went on with the party.

Ryland was pretty clingy the whole time (just ask Pete!) and wasn't himself but started to perk up towards the end of the day.  Overall though I think it turned out to be a good party and everyone had a good time.



The weather was great so we were able to play outside for most of the party.  The kids had a blast playing outside with the different toys and I loved seeing everyone's face as they came down the roller coaster!



Kylee was all shy when it was time to sing to her (no surprise there) but Ryland started to feel a bit better and was even smiling at everyone singing to him! : )  (I did decide that he should probably blow out a candle on a cupcake though instead of possibly contaminating the entire cake!?)


Then it was the time everyone, well Kylee, had been waiting for ... presents!  She was very excited to see what was in all of the bags and boxes.  Jack even joined us on through the magic of technology to watch his gifts being opened! : )

As you can see, Grandad was pretty tired and fell asleep while the party around him continued!  HA! : )


No comments:

Post a Comment